Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nupps!



Though I had originally planned to do some extra repeats of the Swallowtail's main chart to enlarge the shawl, I decided instead to knit the pattern as written in the interest of finishing it sooner so I can give this as a Christmas gift. I figure that lace knitting while trying to take care of two newborns is probably not going to work. I see lots of plain stockinette in my future!

I've made it through the section that includes the nupps, and surprisingly, found that knitting them was much easier than I had expected. I kept my yarn overs very loose and used good pointy needles (Knit Picks Options) and had no problems. I love the way they look and can't wait to see them blocked!

I have two charts with a total of 27 rows to complete to finish the shawl, and while I wish the twins would hurry up and get here already, my fingers are crossed to finish the shawl before finishing the babies. Wish me luck!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I can't even imagine knitting lace while trying to take care of one newborn, let alone two. It looks great!

10:18 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Geez, that's looking great! Keep us posted on ALL of your WIPs, please! :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Heck, I can't even imagine knitting while taking care of two newborns!

The nupps look great. I'm glad to hear that the KP needles work well for them (storing that fact away from future reference!).

1:06 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I'm always late to the party!! I think that the shawl looks great and cannot wait to see it blocked. Keep those babies in utero as long as possible -- the longer, the better for them! -- Although I know you're ready to welcome them to the world.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I can't wait to see the FO. Keep at it!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home